Would you be seen using a 'boab tree' shelter or similiar for social anxiety within the community?
The shelters will have automatic doors, air conditioning, calming music, headphones with recorded messages to help assist, a helpline to talk to someone or have a volunteer visit, water fountain, brochures and magazines. Shipping containers will.house four rooms for larger events.
I am a creative entrepenuer student whose goals and objects are as follows:
- Is to have a safety shelters (Boab Trees) available at community events and within the community.
- To have a web page to connect people.
- To have a hotline in the safety shelters for assistance and advice.
The objectives are:
- Encourage people who have suffered from social anxiety to step out into the community.
- Communicate with others sharing testimonies and have access to helpful advice.
- To offer them assistance with a help line, soothing music and cognitive therapy reminders
Kwoolfie - Hi Carol. This sounds like a lovely idea but what do the Boab Trees look like? could you add a photo or sketch of the concept? Thankyou
CarolScales - Hi Kwoolfie Thank you for your feedback, below are some links to animations in progress they are not fully completed yet. Do let me know what you think. http://puu.sh/rhCRf/54fc237a97.jpg http://puu.sh/rhCRH/e73718657e.jpg http://puu.sh/rhCS5/166203abc4.jpg http://puu.sh/rhCSV/a57e6c8277.jpg